It’s Stupid… You’ll Drive Yourself Crazy!
Oh… the neighbors are driving a new car. Oh… my friend just built a beautiful, new home. Oh… my sister landed the job of her dreams. Oh… my girlfriend is so funny and everyone loves her. Oh… my friend’s business is going gangbusters.
Why can’t I have those things?
Stop it! Just STOP IT! Stop comparing yourself to everyone else! Why?
- You cannot define your worth by comparing yourself to other people. It is an unforgiving, very biased measuring stick.
- Everyone is on a different road, at a different mile marker on this journey called life.
- Compare who you are with who you want to be not what other people are.
- Realize that there will always be someone smarter, richer, or more beautiful than you are.
- Realize that there will always be someone dumber, poorer, or uglier that you are.
- No one in the entire world can do you better than you do you.
Bonus: It’s stupid. You’ll drive yourself crazy.